Friday, February 04, 2005

You do realize...

that it is only a matter of months and the horrible Tom Cruise rendition of my classic War of the Worlds will be in theatres?

Do you know what this means? (Other than my classic being ripped to shreds by the likes of Steven Spielberg and his Hollywood cronies.)

What it means, my lovlies, is that I WILL BE THE MOST POPULAR CHAP AROUND!!

I only wish I had been back when The Time Machine came out! Either time!

Now some of you may be confused, since I have already expressed my distaste for both Cruise and Speilberg....but I figure it this way:

At this point, there is nothing I can do. The film is going to be made and it is going to mistreat my story in the interest of 2005 American movie-goers who can not be bothered with any of the pesky things people once enjoyed like reading or thinking. There is nothing I can do about this. However, the byproduct of this film will be my book sales increasing and my name being spoken all over the place...WHICH I THINK IS GREAT! Who doesn't want to be recognized.

Now if I could only prevent them from printing my book with Tom Cruise on the cover. I'm sure it will happen, which is a HUGE injustice considering they are changing the story so much in the film!

OK, I'm pissed off again!

DAMN YOU SPIELBERG!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Head said...

Where have you been man?

9:05 AM  
Blogger H G Wells said...

Ah Head, my dear friend. I attempted to leave a comment on your site earlier today, but had some difficulty.

Where have I been...hmmm. My life here in the new millenium become more and more difficult every day. Alas, the more I seek things to keep me active, the more I am involved with other people, other politics and this Brave New World (bloody Huxley! I miss him. You know if I had not given him that book as a rough draft, no one would really know him!)
Where was I? Ah yes, so as I am more involved in all this...the less time I have found to post on this blog.

I long for the days to return when I was care free and posted daily! Ahhh, I was new to all of this!

Which reminds me of something....I must go write!!

"stay tuned" as you say.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home